More about Tyneside Group Team- Meet Graeme Walker
1. So Graeme, tell us about your role at Tyneside Group...
I am the controller of all things financial at the Tyneside Group. If it relates to money or numbers or reporting I look after it.
2. What's your favourite thing about your job?
The team, it doesn’t matter what you do for a living the people you work with will decide if it is a good job or not and we have a great team and we do all get along.
3. What attracted you initially to a career in property?
The thing about property is that no project, no development and even no house is the same and from an accounting point of view the challenges and opportunities that are presented by that are far more rewarding than counting how many beans are in the tin.
4. What achievements are you particularly proud of?
There is no one thing I can point at, but I am immensely proud of the part I have played over the last five years in helping Tyneside to become the company it is today. In the best shape it has ever been in and ready to take on new challenges.
5. How do you think your colleagues would describe you?
A grumpy man who doesn’t like spending money but is alright really.
6. How do you spend your lockdown when you’re not working?
With a one and a two year old at home I mainly spend my time away from work changing nappies or catching them before they fall off somewhere they shouldn’t be.
7. When the pandemic is over, where’s the first place you want to travel to?
Is Dabbawal in Jesmond an acceptable answer?
8. What five words come to mind when you think about Tyneside Group?
Motivating, Interesting, Friendly, Diverse and Winning
9. What have you learned during the lockdown?
That sometimes its nice to work from home and to share what is going on with your family and sometimes you really need to work in the office.